Step #355 in the Total Overhaul list
To enable distant land and objects via OpenMW-Launcher:
- Click the "Advanced" icon at the top of the launcher
- Click the "Visuals" tab
- Scroll down to the "Terrain" section, set "Viewing distance" to 10 cells (or any other value as desired)
- Set "Object paging min size" to
0.023(this affects how much pop-in you have with distant objects)
- Check the box next to "Distant land"
- Check the box next to "Active grid object paging"
To enable it via direct edits to the cfg file, ensure you've got this in your
[Terrain] distant terrain = true object paging active grid = true object paging min size = 0.023
Please see the Tips: Performance page for more information about how to do performance tweaking and testing, as well as the official documentation for object paging, for more information about other related settings you can try to adjust for further performance gains.